If you’re short on time and money then this is the perfect meal for you. This Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Pasta is packed with flavor in a creamy, luscious sauce that goes perfectly with your favorite pasta! It’s quick, simple and only requires a few ingredients.
You can even add some grilled chicken to this recipe to instantly turn it into a delicious Tuscan Chicken Pasta recipe!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS PASTA RECIPE!
- You will only need a few ingredients.
- It's ready in under 20 minutes!
- Perfect if you're looking for more meatless meal options.
- It's packed with tons of flavor from the sun-dried tomatoes and parmesan cream sauce!
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes - You can find these in a jar packed in oil, usually with the pasta and Italian food or in the produce section. Try to get ones that are packed in extra virgin olive oil.
- Garlic - fresh minced garlic will give the dish lots of great flavor.
- Pasta - Use your favorite pasta or whichever one you have on hand. Rigatoni, Penne, Linguine or Bowtie pasta all work great with this recipe.
- Heavy Cream - to help make the cream sauce.
- Parmesan Cheese - helps finish the sauce. If it’s in your budget grab a fresh block of parmesan cheese and grate it yourself. It tastes better than prepackaged cheese and melts better in the skillet.
- Chicken or Vegetable Broth - just a little bit of broth to help thin out the sauce and add extra flavor!
- Butter & Oil - I like using a little bit of the oil from the Sun Dried tomatoes for extra flavor.
- Salt, Pepper & Italian Seasoning
HOW TO MAKE SUN DRIED TOMATO PASTA
Full instructions are included in the recipe card below, but here’s a quick step by step overview:
Step One: Add the pasta to a large pot of salted boiling water and cook according to the box instructions. If you have a 1lb (16 oz) box of pasta only use half of the box and save the rest.
Step Two: In a large skillet on medium heat, add some of the sun dried tomato oil and a little butter. Saute the sun-dried tomatoes and minced garlic, then add the chicken broth, heavy cream and seasoning. Stir well. Now add fresh grated parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese is melted.
Step Three: Add the cooked pasta to the skillet. Mix pasta well with the sun-dried tomato sauce. Remove from heat, serve and enjoy!
Use fresh grated parmesan cheese it not only melts better in the sauce but the flavor is superior compared to prepackaged cheese.
If you can find it, look for the sun-dried tomatoes that are packed in extra virgin olive oil. It's not only healthier for you but you will also be using a little bit to cook with in the recipe.
This is a very simple recipe but if you want to take it up a notch you can easily add some fresh baby spinach, mushrooms or sauteed chicken breasts if you want to add some meat. I love to add a few sprinkles of crushed red peppers at the end just to give it a little bit of a kick!
MORE CREAMY PASTA RECIPES
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta
- Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo
- Instant Pot Taco Pasta
- The BEST Chicken Tetrazzini recipe