This Creamy Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo recipe is by far better than any store bought Alfredo sauce. Sauteed garlic is infused into the sauce giving it tons of flavor and added with cream and freshly grated parmesan cheese. It’s the perfect pasta to make to compliment any meal!
You can add this recipe for juicy Sauteed Chicken Breasts to your Fettuccine Alfredo for the best Chicken Alfredo combo dish!
- Fettuccine Alfredo pasta
- Fresh garlic cloves
- Heavy cream
- Chicken broth
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
Full instructions and measurements are included in the recipe card below, but here’s a quick overview:
Step One: Turn Instant Pot on the saute setting and add butter. Once butter is melted and the instant pot is hot, add finely minced or crushed garlic cloves and saute for 30 seconds. Sautéing the garlic for a few seconds adds a ton of flavor to this dish. After roughly 30 seconds, immediately pour in chicken broth and stir.
Step Two: Stir in salt and pepper then add fettuccine pasta to the instant pot (broken in half) in a criss-cross pattern. Pour heavy cream on top. There is no need to stir the pasta at this point. Just make sure the fettuccine pasta is pressed down under the liquid.
Step Three: Close the lid and make sure the pressure valve is turned to sealing. Pressure cook on high pressure for 7 minutes. Then allow the instant pot to do a natural pressure release for 5 minutes. Carefully quick release any remaining pressure.
Step Four: Remove the lid and allow steam to release for 1-2 minutes. Now it’s time for the finishing touch. Add in the freshly grated parmesan cheese and stir well. The sauce may seem thin at this point but it will thicken as it sits. Once parmesan cheese has melted, remove fettuccine alfredo to a serving dish (or serve directly from the Instant Pot) and garnish with fresh chopped parsley *(optional). Enjoy!
WHAT OTHER SEASONING CAN YOU ADD TO FETTUCCINE ALFREDO?
If you want to add some more spice to your fettuccine alfredo try adding a little bit of Italian seasoning OR a cajun seasoning blend. Both of these are great additions to the classic alfredo sauce.
CAN YOU USE HALF AND HALF INSTEAD OF HEAVY CREAM?
No. When cooking your fettuccine alfredo in the Instant Pot there are no substitutions for heavy cream. In general, dairy products don’t do well when cooked in a pressure cooker. Heavy cream is one exception. Pressure cooking milk or half and half will cause the dairy to curdle. Also be sure to add the cheese at the very end after the pasta has cooked.
- Use fresh garlic cloves, mined finely or pressed through a garlic press. This will add incredible flavor to the pasta.
- With that being said, make sure to also use freshly grated parmesan cheese. You can buy this in a block and grate yourself or you can find freshly grated parmesan cheese packaged in some grocery stores. These will usually be in the specialty cheese aisle.
- I use regular chicken broth for the added flavor. Using low-sodium chicken broth may require more seasoning.
- Only use heavy cream in this recipe since it will be added during the pressure cooking process.
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES
- Instant Pot Maple Glazed Carrots
- Instant Pot Brown Butter Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos