This Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta is irresistible with lots of rich flavor and creamy goodness! It includes crumbled Italian sausage, sauteed onion and garlic, marinara sauce and a little bit of cream to make a delicious, quick & easy pasta recipe. And the best part is it’s ready to serve in under 30 minutes! It’s absolutely perfect for a simple weeknight dinner meal!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It all comes together in under 30 minutes so it’s perfect for a quick weeknight meal!
- The Italian sausage along with the creamy marinara sauce gives this pasta recipe tons of flavor.
- You only need a few ingredients - huge plus!
- Adding the pasta makes it a complete meal. No need to dirty up any other dishes!
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
Italian Sausage - I like to buy a pound of turkey Italian sausage. You can also use regular Italian sausage links and cut your sausage directly out of the casing.
Pasta - any short to medium size pasta will do. I am using mini penne pasta in this recipe.
Marinara sauce - grab your favorite marinara sauce!
Onion & Garlic
Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, onion & garlic powder, red chili flakes
HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN SAUSAGE PASTA
Full instructions are included in the recipe card below, but here’s a quick overview:
Step One: Add your pasta to a large pot of salted boiling water and cook according to the box instructions. Reserve a little pasta water, drain and set aside once done.
Step Two: In a large deep skillet on medium heat, add olive oil and saute onion and garlic. Add Italian sausage, crumble and cook until fully brown and completely done. Season meat with spice blend.
Step Three: Add marinara sauce, heavy cream, parmesan cheese and a little pasta water. Stir until well combined and simmer on medium low heat.
Step Four: Mix in the cooked pasta to the Italian sausage sauce and enjoy!
RECIPE & STORAGE TIPS
- If you want your pasta to be a little more spicy, try using hot Italian sausage or adding red chili flakes!
- Don’t forget to save a little bit of that pasta water to add into the sauce.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It tastes just as good the next day!
WANT MORE QUICK & EASY DINNER RECIPES?
Try out a few more of popular reader favorites!