Hey there, I’m Marsha and I’m so happy you’re here! I’m a Nashville native, wife, mother of 3, recipe developer, food photographer and the founder of Maple Jubilee! I absolutely love sharing simple, delicious recipes using lots of whole foods & real ingredients.
How It All Started
I’ve always loved cooking ever since I was a young girl helping my mother cook meals in our kitchen. She still has the animal measuring spoons that I used to measure out my ingredients when I was a little girl. But my love for food has definitely evolved as I’ve gotten older.
In 2016, I had a serious health diagnosis that completely changed the trajectory of my life. At the age of 32, I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Breast Cancer. I had just given birth to my 2nd child who was 3 months old at the time. After fighting breast cancer, my doctor gave me several great recommendations on how I could improve my health and the foods I ate in order to live a healthier life.
This prompted me to expand my knowledge of food and start cooking more meals at home using whole foods and real ingredients. I then started developing new recipes and sharing them on YouTube, and eventually created this blog, Maple Jubilee!
I love sharing my recipes here in this little corner of the internet! My most popular recipes are these super fun Spinach Balls, this Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage, Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts meal, and these delicious Crispy Parmesan Crusted Potatoes!
My Family: Party of Five
I have a wonderful husband who just so happens to be my high school sweetheart (I know I'm super lucky) and 3 beautiful children - a son and two daughters. One of my daughters is Autistic. Her need for extra care and lots of therapy prompted my decision to leave Corporate America in 2020 and become full-time recipe developer and content creator. In addition to managing my food blog here at Maple Jubilee, I'm also a Senior Content Manager and recipe developer over at Budget Bytes!
Although our house can get pretty crazy😜 at times, I absolutely love our family and I'm truly blessed beyond measure!
A Few Fun Facts About Me
- YouTube is my biggest platform with over 30,000 subscribers. It's also where I first shared my Breast Cancer journey with the world to help inspire others. Now I'm using my channel to share lots of yummy recipe videos!
- I just so happen to be a Certified Yoga Instructor and taught yoga for 5 years.
- I have 2 degrees (Bachelor's & Master's) both in Communications.
- I love Jesus!
- My favorite food is Sweet Potatoes (especially these Brown Butter Sweet Potatoes). But Turnip and Collard greens come in a close second😉
- My favorite football team is the Tennessee Titans, of course.
- I'm a proud member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated!
- I once did an interview with Vivica Fox, Lisa Raye, Syleena Johnson & Claudia Jordan on the FOX Soul Cocktails with Queens show.
Come Say Hi!
And Subscribe to my YouTube channel where I post weekly recipe videos and tutorials!
Let's Work Together!
If you would like to collaborate on a project, then I would love to chat! Feel free to contact me at email@example.com for my current media kit and rate card. Can't wait to hear from you!