This Matcha Green Smoothie is packed with nutrients and antioxidants thanks to the matcha powder and spinach! Matcha is a high quality “powdered green tea that is often used in lattes, smoothies and desserts. It is also considered a Superfood
MATCHA GREEN SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS
Here’s a quick list of the ingredients you will need (Full recipe listed below)
- Matcha: A good quality of pure matcha powder. No sweeteners added.
- Spinach: I prefer baby spinach but regular spinach works just as good. Just make sure you use organic.
- Frozen fruit: Frozen fruit is perfect in smoothies as it creates an icy, smooth texture and helps keep the smoothie cold without the use of ice cubes. If you have fresh fruit on hand, you can always chop it up and freeze it to use for later 🙂
- Almond milk: I prefer non-dairy milk in my smoothies, but of course you can use regular dairy milk as well.
- Ground flaxseeds: A great source of plant-based protein along with several other nutrients. Make sure to buy “ground” or “milled” flaxseeds.
- Honey: The perfect sweetener for smoothies! A little goes a long way.
MATCHA GREEN SMOOTHIE TUTORIAL VIDEO
TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT GREEN SMOOTHIE:
- Blend greens and liquid first. To get a really smooth green smoothie without bits and pieces of chopped spinach everywhere, blend your spinach with your liquid FIRST before adding any other ingredients. This will essentially make a spinach juice - then add the rest of your ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Use frozen fruit for your smoothies. Frozen fruit gives you the perfect smoothie texture without having to use ice. Ice can sometimes water down your smoothie.
- Sweeteners. Try to stay away from adding regular sugar to your smoothie. Use natural sweeteners instead like honey, maple syrup or dates.