This Sauteed Zucchini and Yellow Squash recipe is extremely easy to make and tastes delicious. I enjoy making it several times a month because it only has 5 main ingredients and comes together in no time. It’s the perfect go-to option for a quick side dish for any meal!
And if you love Zucchini recipes then definitely try out this fun, easy recipe for Crispy Zucchini Fries!
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED
- Zucchini Squash
- Yellow Squash
- Yellow Sweet Onion
- Butter & Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Full instructions are included in the recipe below, but here’s a quick overview of how to make this easy zucchini and squash recipe!
- Wash zucchini and squash thoroughly, because you will be leaving the skin on.
- Slice zucchini, yellow squash and onion into even size slices (see video for example)
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash and onions to skillet along with a little salt & pepper to taste.
- Cook on one side until golden brown.
- Stir and let squash cook on the opposite side. Add a little more salt & pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
TIPS FOR EASY ZUCCHINI AND YELLOW SQUASH
- Butter and Olive Oil. Highly recommend the combination of butter and extra virgin olive oil. It gives the vegetables great flavor. Be sure not to add too much or your squash will end up oily. The measurements below are the perfect amounts.
- Don’t skip the onion. It may not seem like it, but the onion is what really gives this recipe incredible flavor. Definitely recommend adding it to your squash.
- Control your temperature. You want your heat hot enough to give the veggies a golden brown color, but not too hot to where they will burn.
MORE SIMPLE VEGETABLE RECIPES
- Skillet Green Beans with Peppers and Onions
- Instant Pot Maple Glazed Carrots
- The BEST Spinach Balls
- Parmesan Crusted Potatoes
ZUCCHINI & YELLOW SQUASH VIDEOPrint