Zucchini Fries are crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside, so flavorful, and quite frankly irresistible! These zucchini fries, or in my case wedges, are coated with panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and seasoning, then baked until crispy golden brown. They are seriously addicting and make the perfect side dish for lunch or dinner. Or in my case the main dish for lunch…because they’re just that good and that’s how I roll! 🙂
Ingredients for Baked Zucchini Fries
Here’s a list of the ingredients you will need (Full recipe listed below):
- Zucchini: a great summer vegetable (I know...technically a fruit ha!) that's often available all year long. It’s also rich in nutrients and antioxidants.
- All-purpose flour: to lock in some of the moisture from the zucchini and help the egg mixture to stick to the zucchini.
- Eggs: to help bind the bread crumbs to the zucchini fries.
- Panko Breadcrumbs: plain Panko bread crumbs is all that's needed. No need to get the seasoned breadcrumbs since you'll be adding your own seasoning!
- Parmesan cheese: helps bring the zucchini fries to life! You can use pre-packaged shredded cheese or freshly grated cheese.
- Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt: is the perfect blend of spices and seasoning to give these zucchini fries a ton of flavor.
How to make Zucchini Fries
Full recipe is listed below, but here’s a quick overview:
Step One: Wash and chop the zucchini into even strips or wedges. You don’t need to peel the zucchini. Next line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set to the side.
Step Two: Get 3 shallow dishes or bowls. I used 3 of my glass meal prep containers. In the first dish add the flour. Feel free to season the flour with a pinch of salt and some freshly cracked black peppers. In the second dish, beat 2 large eggs very well. In the third dish add the Panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and seasoning. Mix well until fully combined.
Step Three: Start coating the zucchini fries by first covering the zucchini with a thin coat of flour. Next dip the zucchini in the egg mixture, making sure the egg fully covers the zucchini all the way around. Then dip the zucchini in the breadcrumbs, flipping and pressing down making sure the breadcrumb coating fully coats the zucchini all the way around.
Step Four: Place the zucchini fries on the parchment lined baking sheet with enough space in between each fry. Bake then serve hot with your favorite sauce. We like to dip ours in marinara sauce or sometimes just eat them by themselves. They’re SO good. Enjoy!
- Use Slimmer Zucchini. Try and stick with zucchini that is on the slimmer side. Thick Zucchini holds more water, which will make your fries a little soggy.
- Use separate hands to dip your zucchini sticks in the egg mixture and breading mixture. This helps prevent your hands from getting too messy too fast.
Love Zucchini recipes?
Try out some more of our favorites!Print