These taco stuffed zucchini boats are a fun & healthy way to satisfy those taco cravings and perfect for a simple weeknight dinner meal!
- 4 medium to large Zucchini
- 1 pound ground turkey (or ground beef/chicken)
- ½ cup salsa
- 2 ½ tablespoons of taco seasoning or 1 store bought package
- Shredded Cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Taco Toppings (tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream, etc)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Wash zucchini thoroughly. Pat dry, then trim off a small piece of the top and bottom end of the zucchini. Cut each zucchini in half and scoop out the flesh and seeds, leaving about ½ inch of flesh around the sides to form a boat.
- Save half of the zucchini flesh to use in taco meat. Chop the zucchini flesh and set to the side.
- Place each zucchini boat on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle or brush a little extra virgin olive oil on the insides of each zucchini boat. Sprinkle sea salt and black pepper on each zucchini and bake in the oven for 10 min to soften the zucchini.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground turkey until fully cooked and no longer pink. Drain any excess grease. Add taco seasoning and stir until well combined. Add half of the reserved chopped zucchini flesh and salsa to the skillet with the taco mixture. Stir well and let simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Fill each zucchini boat with the taco mixture and place back in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top the zucchini boats with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Lunch, Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: zucchini, zucchini boats, taco stuffed zucchini boat