Delicious Sauteed Green Beans made with simple ingredients and packed with incredible flavor!
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed & trimmed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Start by washing and trimming the green beans. I like to cut a tiny bit off on each end of the green beans. Next chop the red bell pepper and onion and mince the garlic or press through a garlic press and set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium heat add olive oil & butter and saute peppers and onions for 2 minutes. Next add minced garlic and saute an additional 30 seconds.
- Now add fresh green beans and saute for 2 more minutes. Green beans will start to brighten in color.
- Pour in chicken broth and season with just a little salt and black pepper. Stir well, cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, add the soy sauce, stir and finish cooking for 10-15 more minutes.
- Once green beans are tender and most of the chicken broth has been absorbed, remove from heat, serve and enjoy!
Feel free to use more green beans if you want. This recipe works well with 1 ½ pounds of green beans too. If trying to serve a large family then just double the recipe.
Taste and add more salt or pepper if needed. But be careful as the chicken broth and soy sauce includes lots of sodium too.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: Side Dishes, Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sauteed green beans, green beans recipe, skillet green beans