These Sautéed Skillet Green Beans are quick, easy to make and packed with lots of flavor! Simple ingredients like peppers, onions and garlic are sautéed in a skillet with a little bit of chicken broth and ready in under 30 minutes. These skillet green beans are a great vegetable side dish for busy weeknight meals or holiday dinners.
And if you're looking for the perfect chicken recipe to eat with these green beans, then give this juicy, Pan-Fried Chicken recipe a try!
Now don’t get me wrong, I love some good ole’ southern slow-cooked green beans with ham hocks or smoked turkey meat. But during the week when you need to cook a quick meal, this green beans recipe is the way to go. Trust me, the flavor is simply incredible!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's a super easy vegetable recipe made in under 30 minutes.
- Restaurant quality and packed with flavor (yes, even without the meat!)
- You only need 8 basic ingredients, not including a little bit of cooking oil and butter to saute the onions and peppers.
- Fresh Green Beans - washed & trimmed. I usually grab the pre-packaged bag of fresh green beans. Sometimes they come already trimmed and sometimes you may have to trim them yourself.
- Red Bell Pepper - adds flavor and color.
- Yellow Onion & Garlic - combination of both adds lots of flavor to this dish.
- Chicken broth -helps cook the green beans and gives them a “meaty” flavor without the meat.
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce - finish the dish with just a little soy sauce the last 5-10 minutes of cooking to add more depth of flavor.
- Salt & Pepper - not a lot of salt because we’re using chicken broth and soy sauce which has a lot of sodium in it.
- Olive Oil and Butter
How To Make Sautéed Green Beans - Step-by-Step Instructions
Full instructions are included in the recipe card below, but here’s a quick overview:
Step One: Start by washing and trimming the green beans. I like to cut a tiny bit off on each end of the green beans. Next chop the red bell pepper and onion and mince the garlic or press through a garlic press and set aside.
Step Two: In a large skillet on medium heat add olive oil and butter (I like the combination of both) and saute peppers, onions and garlic for a few minutes. Add in green beans and saute for 2 more minutes. Green beans will start to brighten in color.
Step Three: Add in chicken broth and season with just a little salt and pepper. Stir, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. At 10 minutes, right before the green beans are fully done, add the soy sauce, stir and finish cooking for 5 more minutes or until most of the chicken broth has been absorbed and green beans are tender.
Step Four: Once done remove from heat and serve with your favorite meal. Enjoy!
Serve these delicious skillet green beans with Sauteed Chicken Breasts, steak, roast or the meat of your choice. They’re very versatile and the perfect side dish for almost any meal.
More Easy Vegetable Recipes
- Zucchini and Yellow Squash
- Crispy Parmesan Crusted Potatoes
- Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Quick & Easy Roasted Broccoli