These Sauteed Chicken Breasts are tender, juicy and easy to make in just a few simple steps! Perfect for any lunch or dinner.
- 2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded or cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Prep your chicken breasts by making sure they have an equal thickness over the entire breast. You can do this by pounding the thicker part of your chicken breasts with a rolling pin or meat pounder. I recommend cutting your chicken breast in half to make 2 thinner chicken breasts.
- Mix garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over your chicken breast, then generously rub the seasoning mix all over the front and back of the chicken breasts.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the chicken breasts to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. If you notice your skillet is getting a little too hot, reduce the heat to medium-low. This will allow the chicken breasts to cook all the way through without burning too quickly.
- Once chicken is browned on both sides, check the internal temperature of your chicken at the thickest part of the breast to make sure they are done with a meat thermometer. Internal temperature should be 165°F.
- Remove chicken breast from the skillet and set aside. Allow the chicken to rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy with your favorite vegetables, pasta or salad!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Lunch, Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to cook chicken breasts, chicken breasts, sauteed chicken breast