These Parmesan Crusted Potatoes are crispy on the outside and perfectly soft on the inside. The butter mixed with herbs, spices and grated parmesan cheese gives these potatoes an incredible flavor and makes them the perfect side dish for any meal.
Very rarely do I jump on trends on social media, but this trending combination of parmesan and potatoes just looked too good. So I decided to put my own spin on it by switching up the seasoning a little bit and oh my goodness, it tastes absolutely amazing!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Minimal prep. I use Yukon gold potatoes so I don’t have to worry about peeling. Just give them a good wash, cut and you’re ready to go. All of the butter, seasoning and cheese mixes right in the baking dish so all that’s left to do is add your potatoes and bake.
Amazing flavor. The butter, herbs & spices and grated parmesan cheese soak into the cut side of the potatoes and give them an incredible flavor!
Very versatile. Potatoes are extremely versatile and can go with so many different dinner recipes. You can make these parmesan potatoes to have with bacon and eggs for breakfast or enjoy them for dinner with Sauteed Chicken Breasts! They are perfect anytime of the day and with any meal.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
Baby Gold Potatoes
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Garlic & Onion Powder
Salt & Pepper
HOW TO MAKE PARMESAN CRUSTED POTATOES
Full instructions are included in the recipe card below, but here’s a quick overview:
Step One: Wash baby potatoes well then cut in half lengthwise. Score the cut side of each potato (picture below). Set aside.
Step Two: In a 9x13 baking dish add melted butter, grated parmesan cheese and seasoning. Mix together.
Step Three: Gently press potatoes into cheese mixture cut side down in the baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Potatoes will be crispy and golden brown.
- I like using the baby yukon gold potatoes for this recipe. Yukon gold potatoes have a creamy, buttery taste and the skin is very thin so you don’t have to worry about peeling them.
- Grab some fresh grated parmesan cheese in a container or grate some yourself. Fresh cheese always tastes better in recipes like these.
- You can certainly stick with just salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder if you want for your seasoning. I added Italian seasoning for extra flavor and it turned out great! Dried thyme or oregano would also work really well.
- I am using salted butter in this recipe and parmesan cheese is also pretty salty. So you don’t need a lot of extra salt which is why I only have a small amount listed in the recipe card.
MORE EASY VEGETABLE RECIPES!
- Brown Butter Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Skillet Zucchini & Yellow Squash
- Easy Spinach Balls
- Roasted Broccoli and Potatoes
- Zucchini Fries