- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 - 15 oz cans great northern beans, drained & rinsed
- 10 oz bag frozen corn
- 4 oz diced green chiles
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs (roughly 2 breasts)
- 4 oz cream cheese, regular or dairy-free, broken into small chunks
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh lime juice
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Finely chop yellow onion, bell pepper and garlic cloves.
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute setting. Add olive oil to the inside of the Instant Pot. Saute onion and bell pepper for 2 minutes. Add minced garlic and saute for additional 30 seconds.
- Turn saute setting off on your Instant Pot.
- Add spices and stir with vegetables. Next add beans, corn, green chiles and chicken broth. Gently stir.
- Lay chicken breast directly on top of beans and veggies. Do not stir chicken with the rest of the mixture. Just lay them on top.
- Add cream cheese chunks to the instant pot last.
- Close the instant pot lid, turn the pressure release valve to sealing and pressure cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes is up, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release its steam for 10 minutes then quick release any remaining steam.
- Remove chicken breast from instant pot to a cutting board and shred chicken with two forks. Add chicken back to the chili and stir to combine.
- Stir in fresh lime juice and add fresh chopped cilantro. Add to your serving bowls, top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Don't have an Instant Pot? No worries. Stove top instructions are listed above.
Easily make this dairy-free by using dairy-free cream cheese.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
Keywords: instant pot, white chicken chili, instant pot chili, chili recipe, instant pot recipe