A delicious Southwest blend of lentils, brown rice, black beans, vegetables and lots of yummy spices all cooked in your Instant Pot!
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 red onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup green lentils (rinsed)
- 3/4 cup brown rice (rinsed)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 can chopped petite tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 can whole corn (drained & rinsed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Finely chop your red onion, bell pepper and garlic cloves.
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute setting. Add olive oil to the inside of the Instant Pot. Saute onion and bell pepper for 2 minutes. Add minced garlic and saute for additional 30 seconds.
- Turn saute setting off on your Instant Pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients from green lentils all the way down to black pepper.
- Stir all ingredients together. Close the instant pot lid, turn the pressure valve to sealing and pressure cook on high pressure for 18 minutes.
- After 18 minutes is up, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release its steam for 15 minutes. Quick release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid, stir mixture and top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Prep and measure out your spices ahead of time in a small bowl. This will make it easier to just dump in the Instant Pot with the rest of your ingredients.
This recipe also makes a lot so it's perfect for meal prepping! Just add any leftovers to an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 4 days or in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Lunch, Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot lentils and rice, lentils and rice