These Instant Pot Maple Glazed Carrots made with pure maple syrup and brown sugar are so good and super simple to make. Its delicious as a side dish during the weekdays and also perfect to make for special occasions and holiday gatherings.
I must admit the Instant Pot is one of my favorite ways to cook vegetables especially these Instant Pot Brown Butter Mashed Sweet Potatoes.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Just a few pantry staple ingredients are needed for this simple recipe.
- It's a quick vegetable side dish that's made in under 15 minutes.
- And Instant Pot cooks the carrots perfectly without having to stand over a stove.
- Perfect for everyday weeknight meals, Easter dinner or any holiday occasion.
Ingredients for Maple Glazed Carrots
- Baby Carrots
- Brown Sugar
- Pure Maple Syrup - make sure to use 100% pure maple syrup
- Ground Cinnamon
How To Cook Carrots In The Instant Pot
Full instructions and measurements are included in the recipe card below, but here’s a quick overview:
Step One: Rinse baby carrots with water then add directly to the Instant Pot. Pour 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot over the carrots. Place lid on top, make sure the pressure valve is turned to sealing and pressure cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
Step Two: Once 7 minutes are done, allow a 1-minute natural pressure release then quick release the rest of the pressure and remove the lid. Carefully drain the water from the carrots using a mesh strainer. Keep the carrots in the strainer as you proceed with the next step.
Step Three: Return the inner pot to the Instant Pot and turn on Saute mode. Add butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, salt and cinnamon. Gently stir everything together. Butter will start to melt and brown sugar will start to dissolve. Once all of the brown sugar has dissolved add the baby carrots back to the pot. Stir and combine with the butter and brown sugar mixture. Simmer on the saute setting for 1-2 minutes then turn saute mode off. Place carrots in a serving bowl and enjoy!
How Long Should Carrots Pressure Cook?
Timing may vary slightly depending on the size of your carrots and how tender you want them. For fork tender carrots, pressure cook for 7 minutes on high pressure. For firmer carrots, pressure cook for 4-5 minutes on high pressure.
Now there are several other versions online that suggest pressure cooking carrots at 2 or 3 minutes. I’ve tried this specifically with baby carrots and they are still too hard for my preference. Pressure cooking at 7 minutes gets them perfectly fork tender!
Recipe Tips and Variations
- If you’re not a fan of sweet, glazed carrots, you can certainly keep things simple with just butter, salt and pepper.
- Want more savory carrots? Try using butter, garlic and some fresh thyme and herbs.
- You don’t have to use a steamer basket, but if you want to keep your carrots from being submerged in the water you can certainly use one. This is the one I have.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Brown Butter Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili