These easy Instant Pot Chicken Tacos are made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts, taco seasoning and salsa then pressure cooked for tender, pull apart chicken breasts.
- 2-3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1/3 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Season your chicken breasts with salt and taco seasoning (homemade or store bought).
- To your instant pot, add the salsa and chicken broth. Feel free to add a little more taco seasoning in the instant pot as well. Stir ingredients together.
- Add the chicken breasts to the instant pot on top of the salsa.
- Close the lid and pressure cook on high for 12 minutes. *note - it will take the instant pot approximately 8-10 minutes to reach full pressure before the cook time starts.
- After 12 minutes allow the instant pot to do a natural pressure release for 5 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Carefully remove chicken to a cutting board and shred with a fork or you can shred directly in the instant pot.
- Add shredded chicken back to the instant pot, mix with the salsa and allow chicken to rest for 2-3 minutes to soak up more of the sauce. Enjoy with flour tortillas and your favorite toppings.
Two chicken breasts is enough for a family of 4 or use three chicken breasts for a larger family or if you want leftovers for lunch!
Cook time includes time for Instant Pot to reach pressure.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
Keywords: Instant Pot Chicken Tacos, Chicken Tacos, Instant Pot, Instant Pot recipes