Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oatmeal takes oatmeal to the next level. Cooked apples flavored with brown sugar and cinnamon spice are added to thick, creamy oatmeal. No more boring plain oatmeal for breakfast. The added fruit gives it a ton of flavor and makes the oatmeal extremely filling to keep you full all morning.
Steel Cut Oats
HOW TO COOK APPLE CINNAMON STEEL CUT OATMEAL
Full instructions are included in the recipe card below, but here’s a quick overview:
- Chop apples into bite size pieces.
- Add butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to your instant pot and cook apples on saute mode for 2-3 minutes
- Remove cooked apples and set aside
- Add steel cut oats, milk, water and salt to instant pot. Stir.
- Close lid, turn pressure valve to “sealing” and cook oats on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Allow steam to release naturally for 15 minutes, then turn valve to venting.
- Remove top, stir in sweetener of your choice and serve with cooked apples on top!
MY INSTANT POT
I have the Instant Pot Duo Nova. I've had it for about a year and a half and I love it! It is a 7-in-1 appliance and I use the pressure cooker, saute function and rice cooker the most. It also has the Smart lid which is Instant Pot's newer easy to use seal lid that automatically seals your instant pot when you close the lid. My favorite things to cook in it are of course this dish, sweet potatoes or russet potatoes and rice. It really is a game change for me.