- Very Cold Water or Ice Water
- Remove any stickers that may be on the peaches and give them a quick wash. Next, using a sharp knife score the bottom of the peach with 2 lines, similar to an x. See the picture above.
- Grab a large bowl and fill it with very cold or ice water. It’s better to do this step now before you start blanching the peaches.
- On high heat, bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Once boiling reduce the heat slightly or just enough so the water isn’t boiling over. Carefully add the peaches. Allow the peaches to blanch in the water for 30-60 seconds. You should start to see the skin on the scored side of the peach peel back away from the flesh.
- Using a slotted spoon carefully remove each peach and place it in the bowl of very cold or ice water. Once the peaches are cool enough to handle, remove them from the bowl and begin to peel the skin away. The skin should easily peel away from the peaches at this point.
Make sure to be extremely careful when adding the peaches and removing them from the pot of boiling water as it will be extremely hot.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: How to peel peaches, blanching peaches