Roasted Broccoli is probably one of the easiest vegetable recipes to make. I’ll admit I haven't always been a broccoli fan, but once I started cooking it this way, I was sold! Broccoli is super healthy for you and it goes perfectly with several main dishes!
Health Benefits of Broccoli
Rich in Antioxidants. Broccoli is rich in antioxidants which can help protect your body from free radicals and may help fight off certain diseases such as cancer.
Fiber. Broccoli is also a good source of fiber. Fiber helps promote a healthy digestive system and gut health. Some studies also show a higher intake of fiber is associated with lower blood sugar levels.
Lots of Vitamin C. Broccoli is also a great source of Vitamin C which helps support your immune system and works to prevent various diseases and infections.
Calcium and Vitamin K. Healthy bones and joints are definitely appreciated the older we get. Broccoli is a good source of calcium and vitamin K, nutrients that help support those bones!
Oven Roasted Vegetables
Roasting vegetables are one of my favorite ways to cook vegetables for a number of reasons.
First, it is mostly a hands off cooking method. Once you add your seasoning, place them on your sheet pan and toss them in the oven, that’s it! You don't have to babysit them as you would if you were boiling or sautéing them.
Second, it gives the vegetables more flavor! Because they are being cooked at a higher temperature, the vegetables start to brown and caramelize in the oven, bringing out the natural flavors of the vegetable versus loosing those flavors when you boil them.
Third, you can often times cook them at the same time with the rest of your meal! Just slide them over and roast them on the same sheet pan with your chicken breast or fish. Or if you want to use a separate sheet pan for your meat, you can still put both sheet pans in the oven at the same time. Win Win!
Ingredients for Roasted Broccoli
This is what I love most about this recipe...it's literally only 5 ingredients!
- Broccoli Florets - Most of the time I like to cheat and get the pre-washed, pre-cut and pre-bagged broccoli at the grocery store. But you can certainly buy a head of Broccoli and cut the florets off yourself. Either way, give them a good wash!
- Oil - I like to use Extra Virgin Olive Oil in this recipe but Avocado oil would work great as well!
- Seasoning - This is where you get to have fun! You can try out different seasoning combinations depending on the flavor you’re looking for and see what you like best! In this recipe we stick with a basic salt, garlic powder and lemon pepper seasoning. So you at least have one go-to combination you can always use! 🙂
- Sheet Pan - A good sheet pan lined in parchment paper so all of your broccoli can roast evenly in a single layer.
How To Make Roasted Broccoli
Full instructions and measurements are included in the recipe below, but here’s a quick overview:
Step One: Add your washed and paper towel dried broccoli florets to a large bowl and sprinkle with oil and your spices. Toss all ingredients together until broccoli is well coated.
Step Two: Add seasoned broccoli to a parchment or non-stick foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes then enjoy!
That’s it. So simple and delicious!
More Easy Vegetable Recipes
- Zucchini & Yellow Squash
- Sautéed Green Beans
- Brown Butter Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Parmesan Crusted Potatoes
- Instant Pot Maple Glazed Carrots