This easy peach crisp recipe combines juicy, ripe peaches with a simple, buttery, oats crumble topping for the perfect summer dessert.
- 6 cups sliced peaches (about 5-6 peaches)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into cubes (1 stick)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Give the peaches a quick wash and remove the skin. The easiest way to peel the skin off of peaches is by blanching them. Here’s a quick how-to guide to help you with this process. You can also leave the skin on if you prefer.
- Once the skin is removed, slice the peaches around the pit and add them to a bowl. Add peach ingredients to the bowl: white sugar, cornstarch, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt. Gently mix the ingredients together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl or food processor add crisp topping ingredients: oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cold butter. Crumble the ingredients together using one of these methods: with clean hands, with a pastry cutter, or pulsing for a few seconds in a food processor; until a crumble mixture starts to form.
- Transfer the peaches into a small-medium size baking dish. Add the crumbled peach crisp topping on top of the peaches. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown. The peaches may start to bubble around the sides of the dish as it bakes.
- Carefully remove the crisp from the oven and let it cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm by itself, with vanilla ice cream, or with a drizzle of caramel topping. Enjoy!
I am using a 9.5 x 6.5 x 2 in / 1.5 qt baking dish, but you can use whichever small/medium size one that you have at home. If you would like to use a larger 9 x 13 baking dish, I would suggesting making a larger batch of peach crisp.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easy peach crisp, peach crisp recipe