This Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta is an irresistible pasta recipe with lots of flavor and creamy goodness!
- 1lb. Italian Sausage
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- ½ lb. or 8 oz penne or rigatoni pasta
- ⅓ cup pasta water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, add your pasta and cook according to box instructions. Once done, reserve a little bit of the pasta water, drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large deep skillet on medium high heat, add olive oil and saute onions for 2 minutes. Add minced garlic and saute for an additional 30 seconds. Add Italian sausage to the skillet, crumble and cook until fully brown and completely done. Season sausage with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder and red chili flakes (if you want a little spice).
- Next add marinara sauce and a little pasta water. Mix together and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Then add heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Stir well and simmer on medium low heat for 3 minutes.
- Lastly add cooked pasta to the Italian sausage sauce, stir well to combine and enjoy!
Prep time will vary depending on if you have to remove the Italian sausage from the casing or if it’s already removed and prepackaged.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
Keywords: creamy italian sausage pasta, creamy pasta, italian sausage pasta, pasta recipes