An easy Chicken Sausage Stir-Fry recipe made with lots of vegetables and a sweet & savory sauce all in under 20 minutes!
- 4 or 5 Chicken Sausage links, fully cooked
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 Zucchini, sliced and cut in half moons
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped green onions to garnish (optional)
- Prep the ingredients by washing & chopping the bell peppers, rough chop the red onion and cut the zucchini into half moon shapes. Next slice the chicken sausage links into ½ inch round slices.
- Now make a quick sauce. To a small bowl add the cornstarch and water. Stir together until cornstarch is dissolved. Then add soy sauce, brown sugar, chicken broth, sesame oil and minced garlic to the bowl. Mix everything together thoroughly until fully combined.
- In a large skillet on medium heat add 1 tablespoon of oil and saute the chicken sausage for roughly 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Quickly remove the sausage to a separate plate and set aside.
- Next add another tablespoon of oil and toss in vegetables. Season veggies with a little salt & pepper. Saute for 3-4 minutes until veggies are tender, then add chicken sausage back in the skillet. Now pour sauce over sausage and vegetables and stir until everything is evenly coated. Simmer for 2-3 more minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Remove from heat and garnish with sesame seeds or green onions and serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Give the sauce another quick stir before adding it in the skillet with the sausage and veggies.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
Keywords: Chicken sausage stir fry, chicken sausage and vegetables, chicken sausage