Simple, easy Blackberry Crisp recipe with juicy, sweet, berries and a buttery, golden brown crisp topping.
- 5-6 cups blackberries (about 24 oz), rinsed & dried
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Gently wash & dry the blackberries with a clean cloth or paper towel.
- Add the berries to a bowl along with the white sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Gently stir/toss the blackberry ingredients together and set the bowl to the side.
- In a separate bowl or food processor add the crisp topping ingredients: oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and cold butter. Crumble the ingredients together using one of these methods: with clean hands, with a pastry cutter, or pulsing for several seconds in a food processor; until a crumble mixture starts to form.
- Transfer the blackberries into a small-medium size baking dish. I am using a 9.5 x 6.5 x 2 in / 1.5 qt dish. Evenly add the oat crisp topping on top of the blackberries. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the topping is golden brown. Some of the blackberries may start to bubble around the sides of the baking dish as it bakes.
- Remove crisp from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy warm by itself or with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Blackberry crisp