This Asian Ground Turkey Stir-Fry is a quick and easy meal that you can customize to your liking and have dinner ready in about 20 minutes. Lean ground turkey is cooked with green onions, garlic and an asian inspired sauce, then tossed with green beans or your favorite green vegetable. You can also mix this stir-fry with white or brown rice for a complete meal. It’s simple to make and the perfect lunch or weeknight dinner recipe!
Love quick stir-fry recipes? Try my Honey Butter Garlic Chicken next!
Ground Turkey or Ground Chicken - Both work well in this recipe.
Green Onion, Garlic & Ginger - Onion and garlic is one of my favorite combos for major flavor in any dish. In this recipe we are using chopped green onions and some minced garlic. And the grated ginger helps give it that asian inspired taste.
Green Beans - Green beans help add an extra layer of texture and nutrients to the dish. You can certainly use a different vegetable if you wish. I also like to grab the frozen steamable cut green beans for this recipe.
Stir Fry Sauce - The sauce is what makes it all come together. For this recipe I use a combination of soy sauce, sweet red chili sauce and hoisin sauce.
Can I Use Ground Beef Instead?
Absolutely! You can use ground beef, turkey or chicken. All options work great with this recipe. I’ve personally tried ground turkey and ground chicken. Ground turkey tends to have a little more fat which gives the meat a little more flavor. But ground chicken also tastes great!
Full instructions are included in the recipe card below, but here’s a quick overview:
Step One: Prep the ingredients! Chop the green onions and mince the garlic. Next measure the sweet chili sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar and ginger in a small bowl. Stir together and set aside.
Step Two: In a large skillet add a little sesame oil and saute the onions and garlic. Next add the ground turkey and cook until fully done. Drain any excess grease.
Step Three: Next pour the sauce mixture into the skillet. Stir until well incorporated.
Step Four: Add the steamed cut green beans and simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
Step Five: Serve with rice and enjoy!
Can I Substitute The Green Beans?
Sure. Green beans seem to go well with this recipe since they have a milder taste which allows them to adapt really well to the sauce. But you can also use steamed broccoli or chopped spinach.
I like to serve this quick stir-fry recipe with Jasmine White Rice. I can make it easily in the Instant Pot and it cooks in the same amount of time as the stir-fry.
- Prep ingredients ahead of time. Chop the onions & garlic and make the stir-fry sauce in a separate small bowl. This will save you time and make the cooking process go by a lot smoother.
- Steam your veggies. Grab the steamable bag of green beans at the store and steam them in the microwave before adding to your stir-fry. Frozen veggies are often picked at their peak ripeness and great to add to stir-fry dishes. Steam the veggies for just 1/2 the time listed on the package since they will continue cooking in the skillet.
- This recipe makes 3 servings but if you want to make more use 1 ½ pounds of ground turkey meat and make a little more sauce.
More Easy Dinner Ideas
- Chicken Sausage Stir-Fry
- Sheet Pan Sausage, Potatoes & Brussels Sprouts
- Chicken Fajitas
- White Chicken Chili
- Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta