A delicious Apple Fall Harvest Salad with juicy, crisp apples and a homemade vinaigrette makes this the perfect easy lunch or dinner salad recipe!
Mixed Greens (I used 50/50 baby spinach & spring mix)
1 Honeycrisp or gala apple
1 Granny Smith apple
Chopped walnuts or pecans
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add all of the homemade vinaigrette ingredients to a small mason jar. Place the lid on tightly and shake together in the jar to combine well. Set aside.
- Wash both apples thoroughly. Slice according to desired thickness.
- Add 2 handfuls or mixed greens to a bowl. Top greens with sliced apples, dried cranberries and chopped nuts.
- Shake vinaigrette together again, in case oil and vinegar has separated, and pour over salad.
- Refrigerate any leftover dressing in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Try to buy organic apples whenever possible.
Also, feel free to add a little feta or goat cheese if you like or grilled chicken to make it a meal.
- Prep Time: 5
Keywords: apple fall harvest salad, apple salad, apple cranberry salad